From:
Ian Westerland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2013 13:11:31 +1000
Hi Colin.  It is a centre fed di pole with open wire feed line
instead of coax.  So you have the centre insulator witht the 2 wires
which you can have as a flat top or inverted v.  The length depends
on what you want and how much space you have to fit it in.

Mine is an inverted v configuration cut for 3.58 Megahertz
65.4 feet long, or 19.92 meters.

The feed line which is the tricky part of the aerial is 30.4 meters
or 102 feet long hanging down as close as possible to 90 degrees from
the wires.

This comes down to a 4:1 balun, into about 1 meter of RG-213 coax
into the LDG KT-100 tuner.

There is a lot of interesting and helpful information on the internet
if you type into your search engine, "Doublet antenna" including a
very helpful chart with recommended feed line lengths for 80 and 40
meters.  It also shows how some lengths of feed line are to be
avoided.  The recommended feed line lengths are in green and the ones
to be avoided are in red.

Hope that helps.  Stay in touch and hopefully we will have a QSO one
day.  I hear some good signals from Canada regularly at night.

73

Ian, VK3vin