From:
COLLEEN ROTH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:10:21 -0400
Hello,
There are people who just do not enjoy life unless they cause discomfort for others.
I remember that I got my CB License in 1978.
It was right after the Blizzard. I was one of those weird people who used my callsign:
KBIJ5291 all of the time.
There were some CBERS who used _! radios in inappropriate ways and got 10-meter rigs to work 11 meters.
I had a Browning Eagle which was run in Compliance with the FCC.
People kept wanted me to peek it which I didn't.
After I got my Amateur Radio License I got on CB to talk to someone I knew who was very ill.
I cn't wait to turn the radio off.
Once this person passed away my CB antenna and radio were history.
There "were always people on CB who acted inappropriately. I know there are some on Amateur Radio but I am happy to say I have never heard any.
That is probably because I only participate in Traffic Nes and Emergency Traffic handling.
I never do any contesting since I listened to this once and decided it isn't for me.
There will always be people in the world who think they are above common codes of conduct.
Colleen Roth, N8TNV;