From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2013 00:09:37 -0400
Hi List,

For some reason, unlike most other lists I have subscribed to, this
particular list/server is optimized for plain text mail.  Most modern
mail programs: Outlook Express, Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail
and so on send messages in Rich Text or HTML by default. To avoid the
equal signs showing up in your outgoing messages, you must set your mail
program to send in plain text only for this list.  Using your address
book and the properties of the address to post to this list, you can
indeed change that attribute.  Just how you change it varies from mail
program to mail program. Look around in your address book under the
properties for this mail address and see what you come up with.

In Thunderbird, you should open your address book, highlight the Blind
Hams address, right click and choose properties, and then tab about 10
or 15 times until you see a combo box that says: 'prefers to receive
mail in and your choices are unknown, HTML or plain text.  Choose the
plain text item and click OK.  That should do it for Thunderbird.

For Outlook Express,  Open your address book, highlight the Blind Hams
address, click the properties item, use the tab key to highlight a check
box that says: 'send message using plain text only' and check that box.
Then click OK.

For Outlook and Live Mail, the procedure is similar, but I can't give a
step by step description as I am not using them now.
  for