From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:40:13 -0400
I don't know what sort of problems you are having, and on which bands.  Nor
do I know if your apartment is near ground level, two stories up, or what.
The shortest path to a ground rod is the best, and a short path to two of
them a few feet apart might be even better.  If you could put your ground in
next to the building, below your window, this would give you the shortest
run.  If for some reason you need to run a wire out into the yard, whether
it connects to a ground rod or not, it won't matter very much whether it is
insulated.
What sort of antenna are you trying to feed, and how high is it?  Inquiring
minds want to know.
73 -- W3IUU