From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:09:57 -0600
the radio is easier to program by hand than by computer.
just from the perspective of key presses alone, the radio is easier to
program manually.
If you have to type in tx and rx frequency, tab around to check or uncheck
boxes, make selections in drop down boxes, press OK, use arrow keys and all
that stuff, it's far more work on the computer.
Not less like some would have you believe.

However, the software is handy for uploading different frequency lists to
the radio.  Like if you travel allot, or want to throw a different batch of
frequencies into memory, it's easier to do that with the computer by loading
a pre-saved file direct.
However, if your plan is to load all your favorite frequencies in, and
forget it for ever more, then the software and cable are just extra
non-essential costs.
I have no clue about how accessible, or not, the RT systems software is for
the wouxun radios.

73
Colin, V A6BKX