From:
Gerry Learry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2012 09:46:12 -0600
I hope this message finds you with enough patients to read it.  I was a
member of another blind hams list.  The guide lines were strict, and the
list had little traffic.  One day one of the members asked people if they
could help him with outlook express because he was having trouble getting
and filtering that particular list.  He was moderated heavily and removed
from the list.  That left me spinning because he had good reason to ask, and
also he asked for replies off list.  On this list we do stray from the
technical side of ham radio, but even in ham radio while experimenting we
talk of all kinds of things that help a lot to give some kind of human
quality to the computer synthesizer.  I'll not forget the day I met Howard
from this list and I finally got to put a voice to the person coming out of
the computer speaker.  Now every time I hear a post from Howard, I remember
the day I met him in Dayton. I really hope that you can find enough humor in
life to stick with us.  Gerry