From:
Mike Cozzolino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 03:10:35 -0700
hello howard, depending on the adapter, you may or may not be able to
take the adapter a part.  if you can take the adapter a part, then
you can cut the wire just before the bad spot and remove the bad
piece and reattach the wire.  some of these units are glued together
and you can try putting the adapter in the freezer and after it has
gotten cold you can tap on the seam with the handle of a screwdriver
or small hammer and you might be able to break the glue.  after the
repair you can reglue it back together.  good luck, c u mike