From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2012 17:07:18 -0400
I don't think there are any drivers from Kenwood, you should make sure
you have the latest drivers from the  web site of whatever brand of
adapter you have.   I also think you should install the drivers before
connecting the radio, unless some instructions tell you otherwise.

In Windows 7, type "device manager" into the search box, then tab to the
tree view and arrow down to "ports".  If your adapter is installed, it
will show here and you can see what port it is assigned to.  Not sure
what software you are using.  If it is the Kenwood MCP-2000 I think
there is a limit to the number of ports it can use.  It's been a while
since I've used  this program, but you may find that your adapter
installed as a port number that is too high for the software to use.  If
this is the case, you can change the port to a lower number in device
manager.

Maybe you are using different software, or something else is going on,
but just a few thoughts.

73, Steve  KW3A