From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:03:19 -0400
Hi Jim,

You're confusing the K3 with the KX3, a different, though still very competent radio. The KX3 does indeed have morse readout, but it's not yet complete. This will be changing, hopefully soon. Wayne is a lot of the way to finishing it.

For perspective on the cost, though, bear in mind that the K3 compares quite favorably, in fact, its receiver specs are on par with, and in many cases better than, the $10,000 Yaesu FT-DX-9000. Or is it 5000? Anyway, Yaesu's high end radio. Fully tricked out K3 at half the price? You tell me.

I own three Elecraft rigs. The K2/100, the KX1, and the KX3. I don't own a K3, can't afford one yet, but I would buy an Elecraft for HF any time, no question. They're accessible with the right add ons, as you see, plus, they have fantastic receivers, and they're easy and intuitive to operate. Not to mention that Elecraft's service and support are second to none.

Vy 73,
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY