From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:05:35 -0400
Hi, all.

Well, tonight, with a little bribery in the form of an ice cream cone on the
way out to the RV, the XYL and I took the trip to retrieve the suspect G5RV.

The antenna is now right here in front of me, and guess what I found!

With the antenna taken down, and now free of any connections, there is an
open circuit across the PL259!  In other words, no continuity across the
connector!

So, to me, this would indicate that the antenna is sound electrically.

Before putting it up again, of course, I will check all connections, but
this, to me, is very encouraging.

It also indicates to me that there is a problem somewhere in my feed line
system, hopefully not in the feed line that runs underneath the RV.

At least, though, I think I've now got the problem isolated in a major way.

Will keep everyone posted, but, unless I'm deluding myself, I'm now greatly
encouraged.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ