From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 23:37:13 -0500
I know the owner of AES was a jerk, but I don't think he was a Nazi.  I am
torn between getting the best price, and supporting a local business where I
can walk in bring a radio, put my hands and ears on stuff, and see what's
there.
The sales people have the personalities of dead trees, but still, being able
to listen to a radio or noise limiting speaker, or handling a paddle is
worth a lot.
as far as leaving the neighborhood, I was thinking of my lovely beautiful
and kind XYL.

Oh that's the imaginary girlfriend, I forgot.
Actually she is a brilliant psychologist.
She pointed out that when ever I sold a radio, the radio was gone and the
money was gone and I regretted selling the radio.  So she said why don't you
keep the radios you like.  Well that sure prevented me from spending money
on lots of different radios.

I still wish I had kept my C-line, but I sold it to buy the ts-480.  I am
afraid to touch a ts-590 because I will want one!!!
That remote control head on the 480 takes about three minutes to fall in
love with.