From:
Bill Kemmett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 11:30:47 -0400
Ron:
Please send me A copy of the article.

Bill Kemmett KD8QBB

73

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Ronald E. Milliman
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: All About SWR and What It Really Means

To all of my new ham friends here on the list...

I attempted to send to the list a very thorough explanation of SWR, what it
is, and how it affects your rig and the power getting to your antenna.
However, my post was too long for this list and was rejected.  Therefore,
if anyone wants me to send you a copy of the article directly to you as an
attachment, post back and let me know.  It is an excellent article.  There
is some math in the article, which you can simply skip over if you want,
but this article will give you the real truth about SWR, feedlines,
matching your antenna, and the power that gets from the output of your rig
to the antenna and radiated. The article is in two parts; Part 1 is titled
"The Reflection Section," and gets pretty complex; Part 2 is titled:
"Antenna SWR" and is a little shorter and frankly, les complicated and
easier to read and comprehend, but to fully understand these issues, you
really need to read both parts.  Given the exchanges I have read on the
list since becoming a member, I thought this might be of interest to some
of you.  So, if you want me to share it with you, let me know.  --  Ron,
AC4HM