Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2013 17:39:23 -0600
7bit
Sender:
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
and some people swear by the comidor 64 too haha.
For 45 bucks now you can get a dual band, full keypad handheld with some
speech that is half the size of the ic02at or ft470 or standard 530.
And trust me, the uv5r is just as well built too because I've dropped mine
many many times and it still keeps on ticking without a  hitch.
Just the battery pack for the ic02 is nearly double that price these days.
I had an ic02 I think it was with the 3 thumb wheels on the top and the 5K
switch on the back along with the plus-minus and offset slider switches.
But I was just learning back in those days and when the battery pack failed,
I tried to connect the radio to 13.8 volts...but naturally, got it backwards
and blew the diode out.
I never did figure out how to bypass or replace the protection diode and so
the radio went into the junk bin for several years, then into permanent ht
valhalla hi.
The receiver was a bit deaf on it anyway compared to even my ICt2H which is
deafer than my other HT's.
So, as long as your good and close to a repeater, and don't have much
intermod, it works pretty well.

73
Colin, V A6BKX