Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2013 10:03:26 -0700
7bit
From:
Deborah Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
I purchased the SuperAntenna MP-1 because I had a gift certificate from Ham
Radio Outlet I needed to spend.

This is a very portable  HF miniature manual screwdriver with a baby tripod.
It got great reviews on eham.net from people who realized it was a
compromise antenna. For those who expected performance of a dipole, the
disappointment was great.

Anyway, we're driving across the country, which is specifically why I wanted
this. I plan to operate from picnic tables, hotel balconies and my inlaws'
pasture   but not have a huge setup challenge.

Last year, we took the same trip using a BuddiPole. That worked surprisingly
well, but was more hassle to set up than one would expect.  And I'm still
not that fast at tuning the BuddiPole either; my husband ends up doing it
for me because he gets tired of waiting!

Anyway, the MP-1 hears great, but I can't figure out how to tune it at all.
My sighted husband, who is an electrical engineer, also can't get it tuned
up with his sophisticated antenna analyzer.

Anyone on this list have one and some tuning tips?

For those who are curious, it sells for around $100, and I've included some
links below:

  . made by SuperAntenna -

                <blocked::http://newsuperantenna.com/>
http://newsuperantenna.com/

The manual for the MP1 is here (image-only PDF I'm afraid)

<blocked::http://newsuperantenna.com/Super-Antenna-Manuals-Downloads/SuperAn
tenna_MP1_Instructions_Configuration.pdf>
http://newsuperantenna.com/Super-Antenna-Manuals-Downloads/SuperAntenna_MP1_
Instructions_Configuration.pdf

Other pages where Hams talk about using one -

                <blocked::http://www.n2ckh.com/MP1.htm>
http://www.n2ckh.com/MP1.htm

<blocked::http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?387405-MP1-Portable-screwdriv
er-antenna>