Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2013 07:56:53 -0600
The TS570 only has two tuning rates for the VFO dial, normal and slow.
These are toggled by #6 on the keypad. I haven't paid much attention
to how much is covered by one dial revolution in each mode for a long
time. I tend to stay in the normal setting, but will occasionally
switch to slow when I am tuning through a crowded CW band with the 400
HZ filter.

You can set how much is tuned by each click of the MCH knob in the
menu. I don't remember off the top of my head what the choices are,
other than 1, 5, and 10. I think there are two or 3 more. I keep mine
set to 5, and have it round to the nearest 5 or 0. So, if I turn the
MCH knob one click clockwise when I am on 3.862, I land on 3.865. One
click to the left takes me to 3.860.

I have no particular reason for setting it that way other than when I
tried it, I liked it, so I left it alone.