ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doris and Chris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:35:04 -0400
That's what the Lord tells me in my middle when I talk to him. The
little tradition I come from, rejects speaking in tongues while
several of my friends insnist on it being a sign of a true born-again
Christian.  I think one is as wrong as the other.

I've  never personally felt the need or desire to speak in tongues
but am glad for th ose who find expression and access to God when
they use the gift.
Actually, as a much younger Christian I sometimes longed for the gift
of tongues when I feltI had no words or may prayer just went to the
ceiling or lower still , i wished I could speak in tongues. Today I
think that when it gets to middle stuff, I think a lot of that is
beyond words anyway. A lot of deep stuff is. Often with Chrhis and
me, we know what the other thinks anyway and there is no need for
words. Sometimes when I share deep with Papito, I ask him if he can
see my middle and even more often he does and sometimes before I do
like a daddy does. And if people like Chris or Papito don't - and Ned
doesn't believe in angel speak but just in "tongues" as being able to
speak other languages like Spanish or German - then Mr. God sure
doesn't because he is in the middle and all around and he made us in
the first place knitting needles and all. The gifts we get are to
help us to help God do his God stuff whether Angel Speak so we have a
channel for beyond words stuff if that helps us because God's loves
to hear from us or whether it is the gift of using languages to
preach to other people - or, I bet, language in any sense not just
for preaching but for writing and writing songs and music and
painting with words in whatever form.

Isn't there some song about one's life being a song or prayer to God
in the first place? I have half-remembered lyrics in the back of my
mind ever since us starting this subject - not tongues but the
ceaseless prayer - but I don't remember lyrics really nor a tune. Oh well.

Thanks for your confirmation on the subject, Mr. Phil.

In his loving grip!

Doris