From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 10:06:38 -0400
Hi,

Just a thought. When you're pressing # and it gives a tone like it's accepting the entry, i.e. higher tone, I wonder if that changes the DCS from positive to negative? When you're in PL setting mode, # doesn't do anything. So you can at least tell which thing you're setting, if you go to the "Encode" menu, press menu, then press arrows, you're setting some tone if you get a higher beep. Press * and try arrows again. When you get low beeps on arrow presses, you're in "Off", and the next press of * will get yu to CTCSS tones. The next presss will get you to DCS tones, where # appears to do something, I expect it's the positive/negative toggle.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY