From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2012 10:02:47 -0700
Hi Donnie,
If an adult can be convinced that a cola and potato diet is healthy, won't
they quickly learn it's not after adopting the diet?
If dietary advice is the sole province of those licensed to offer it, then
gluten restriction would only be advised to people with positive tests for
celiac disease and ketogenic diets would be eschewed.
And why would such advisors be required to cite research? That threatens to
promote the dominant paradigm from another angle.

The wiring in a house is mostly hidden. It can kill through inappropriate
practices. That being said, most housing is wired by first or second year
apprentices.
Bridge structures have hidden components (usually within the structural
concrete) that, if poor practices are used, can kill.
Even bad dietary advice usually provides many signs that it is incorrect.
The current, dominant, anti-fat paradigm has, for instance, resulted in an
epidemic of obesity, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, increased cancer
rates, and a host of other dietary diseases and health problems. There is a
pervasive sense that excessive carbs are quite benign. If electricians and
civil engineers did as poor a job as dietetic researchers have done over the
past 60+ years, I think that most of us would be questioning the licensing
process by which they received their credentials. As a culture, we would be
looking for alternatives.

That's how I see it.
Love,
Dad