From:
Diana Day <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diana Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2013 11:07:59 -0400

We've just returned from the Olympic Peninsula/Seattle and I thought I'd
post some recommendations for GF places to visit.

Grocery stores:  Food Co-Op in Port Townsend is great, like a small Whole
Foods. There are grocery stores around the north side of the peninsula
called QFC which are owned by Kroger and have a lot of GF items. We shopped
at one in Port Hadlock which was very good.

Restaurants:  In Port Angeles, the Chestnut Cottage is a must. They offer
home made GF breads and a number of GF items. Open for breakfast and lunch
only. The restaurant at the John Wayne Marina in Sequim offers GF bread and
is very good about offering GF items. There is a Water Street Creperie in
Port Townsend that offers a GF crepe, but they cook it on the same surface
as the gluten items! What are they thinking? The Fireside Restaurant in Port
Ludlow is charming and the chef prepared an attractive gluten free
vegetarian dinner. The best meal we had overall, though, was from Ferino's
pizza at Port Hadlock. I have really missed pizza and this is prepared
separately from the other foods there. An awesome vegetarian GF pizza!

In Gardiner, there is a roadside Lavender store and a small place that
offers wonderful coffee and GF snacks made locally.

On our way home we stopped for lunch at A Terrible Beauty Irish Pub in
Seattle's Lake Union area. It was OK, but I don't think I can recommend it.
The Whole Foods store downtown is a good place to shop, though. There's free
parking underneath the store and the selection is expansive as usual at
Whole Foods.

Overall, we had a very good experience - it's a beautiful vacation
destination for anyone who wants to cool off from the hot weather this
summer. Daily highs were in the high 60's and lows in the 50's. No rain.

Diana