Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
chufford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:03:29 -0400

I am a gardener and local food advocate who knows how to cook. The safest
and healthiest food for all of us with celiac disease is whole food, not
refined/processed foods. I need a better tool for freezing these wonderful
peaches, sour cherries, tomatoes and onions -- you get the idea -- while
they are in season. Ziplock bags really don't do a great job in the freezer
over time.

Gluten-free processed foods are not the healthiest choices, often very high
in glycemic index, just as an example, baked gf foods. If I do purchase or
bake a gf item, it will often be drier than "regular" baked goods and it
tends to get drier faster. We all know how expensive gf food can be.
Usually I cannot eat all of it at once and almost always try to freeze the
remaining food right away to save it.

I hear great things about using these vacuum sealers to keep food/frozen
food fresher longer but these can be pretty pricey. I've found the reviews
online but wondered if there would be some ideas or suggestions on whether
a vacuum sealer is worth the cost.

Thank you,
Carolyn