ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2014 15:33:56 -0600
The first thing that comes to mind when I read Pat's steps is that it takes
focus, a change of mind if you will, to perform them one at a time.
Shortly, the steps no longer become steps but they becomes something natural
such as walking, breathing, or learning to type.  In essence, I am talking
about something that becomes what we call second nature.  Second nature
means it becomes automatic and not something you are trying to practice as
#1, #2, and #3 etc.  Something like our favorite Bible verse, for example,
is spoken without afore thought and there is feeling, emotionally, when the
favorite verse is spoken.  It may take a few days, maybe weeks, but the
feeling will eventually come and it all will become automatic.  The key is
to hear the voice of the Lord during such impossible circumstances.  If you
know it is His voice, and not another, such as your own, you will discover
that it is true, His truth will set you free, and if it becomes automatic,
there is absolutely no work involved because it has become second nature;
like typing.

Phil.