ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2013 23:56:14 -0600
Rhonda and Doris,

I will do so but I am working on how all these things began in my life
during 1982.  I've read what Grant posted and I used to teach the exact same
interpretation the author stated Grant quoted but it was, and is, incorrect.
The passage he quoted , which he admits it is musical, isn't the filling of
the Holy Spirit but 1 of 4 things a Christian can do to enjoy the presence
of the Holy Spirit.  Furthermore, the man he quoted, in his interpretation
of the passage, erroneously equated the Spirit Filled experience to
evangelism; those are two totally different things.  He says he can't find
any place in the Bible where tongues and the Spirit filled life fit
together.  I name bunches of them in my rebuttal on my website just in one
booklet alone.  The reason most misinterpret Ephesians 5, and other passages
on the infilling of the Holy Spirit, is because they don't want to have to
be responsible for seeking a gift of the Spirit if called upon by God and
they dead sure don't want to be left out so let's just deny it exists in the
New Testament in the first place so we don't have to explain it or study it.
From my own Baptist background, it is also miss interpreted out of fear it
just might be in the Bible and then what in the world are we going to do if
we can't control it?  More later on answering your question.  I can clearly
and easily explain the difference between the indwelling and the infilling
of the Holy Spirit.  I'm on part 4 of my personal testimony of being filled
with the Holy Spirit through silent prayer and will start posting some of it
tomorrow.

Phil.