From:
GeorgeMary Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:06:14 -0700
I am trying to reinstall Win 7 after replacing the hard drive on an HP
G70 laptop.  I used the same type and capacity of drive.  The install
seemed to be going good until the last screen which states "Setup is
preparing you computer for first use".  The computer restarts and comes
back with the screen that Windows was shut down improperly, but when I
try to start windows, I get a boot drive not found.  Upon starting the
repair disc, and choosing "Start up Repair", no disc is listed, and sure
enough if I go into the boot options in BIOS, I only have a CD/DVD listed.

 Starting the machine with a Ubuntu Live CD, I can see the disc, and the
windows structure on the disc.

  Also running the WD diagnostics from CD, the disc tests OK for quick
and extended.

  I am able to install and run Peppermint linux on this disc, but am
unable to get my Windows 7 system back.  The HP product number is
NF795ua#aba and the bios doesn't have many options in System
Configuration.  Does anyone understand what could be going on?  My hair
was thin to begin with, so can't afford to pull anymore.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml