From:
Gale Conard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 00:58:03 -0600
Tom,

The ladderline does not have to be straight, up and down or otherwise.  It
should be at right angle to the flat top, but it can slope or, even, may be
loosely rolled near the bottom.

I ran one for years at our cabin with the ladderline at a 45 degree angle to
the ground, and had great results.  The elements of the antenna were not
quite straight, either.
I worked all hf bands with a MFJ tuner.

Good luck.

73,