From:
Scott Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2012 05:57:50 -0400
And I would never advocate a credit card if you can just save the money. THe item you purchase will cost you a lot more in the end. If you purchased a $1,000 radio at even 10% interest (doing a simple interest loan), you would pay $1,107.48. So, that $1000 radio now cost you an additional $107.48. I calculated that for a 24-month term. I know it is tempting to decide buying that new radio is worth the little bit of interest; however, that is assuming you can be discipline enough to always make that payment. I realize this is not a financial list, but I understand the desire to get something you really want and how hard it is to wait. I can appreciate what it is like to have difficulty "making ends meet" and having the money to do what you want.
These experiences have taught me to evaluate what I really want and what I need. Then I see if I can do with just what I need with the goal of eventually assembling the funds to get what I want. :)