From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2012 03:32:06 -0400
Hi all,
Well folks, I was on
www.eham.net
and I clicked on classifieds, and folks, there are the following rigs, and this is just the first 6 pages!:
an icom 706, 2 of them,
2 icom 718s,
a heath kit hw16, no fake, there is one there,
a heath kit hw100,
and the one that has my interest, ya ready for this folks? How about, a heath kit hw101, the whole station!
The ham that has it is, n1qt, and he wants $225 if someone buys it locally, $275 to ship it anywhere in the 48 states!
I'm tellin ya folks, that rig walks and talks!
That's the rig, that I talked about earlier this week, or last, whatever it was!
Problem is, all the knobs on that thing! I still would buy the mfj949E antenna tuner, even though the radio is so forgiving!
I know the first thing to do on a frequency is, adjust the driver preselecter on the hw101 for loudest noise, then, I would adjust the capacitor on the tuner for loudest noise, then, I would adjust the roller inducters for loudest noise as well!
But the problem then is, all those knobs. Folks, when I had my hw101 back in 1979, I used the tuning aid from handihams, and it was perfect, just perfect!
So, anyone know how I could tune it today, with all those knobs on it?
If anyone wants to buy it, go for it, I won't stand in your way, just tell me though, so I know that you want it.
Man what a rig!!!!
And folks, I didn't even have an antenna tuner back then, and that thing was so forgiving, my goodness, what a rig!
73,
Trippy, ac8s, sitting here druelling, hi hi!