From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2012 23:24:16 -0400
Harry,

I've heard of Vonage and OOma, but haven't used either.  Although I like the
prices and some of the neat features, I don't like the idea that they are
dependent on my Internet connection being up.  I've also noticed that when
talking to people with VOIP (which is what these services are), I sometimes
hear odd artifacts such as break-up and echo, particularly at times when
Internet traffic is heaviest.  If these issues don't concern you, then
you'll definitely save lots of money if you use one of these services.

Steve