From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:20:23 -0600
ok.
so what sort of data to you get from it?
Presumably, the IFR1200 shows a graphical representation of what you are
measuring on some kind of display.
Do you get peak reading data or something from the serial port?
For instance, if you are doing say an RF sensativity test on a radio. You
start the signal generator, set it to 12DB sinad which is presumably a
switch setting on the unit, then you inject a 1K tone into the
receiver...you then adjust the output of the signal generator until you
achieve the threshhold where the receiver begins to get noisy...at that
point, do you queery the unit to determine what the measurement is in micro
volts?
And when you queery it, does it spit back an actual number like 0.13UV or
something?

Also, can you access the spectrum analysis portion of the unit, if it has
it?
So, if you want to say tune up a duplexer, can you queery the unit as you
tune the can to check the pass or reject frequency?
Also, do you tune the signal generator frequency by ear, or can you get a
reading from the serial port telling you what frequency it is on?
I'm curious because you seem to be able to successfully use the IFR1200 as a
screen reader user.

73
Colin, V A6BKX