From:
"Jose Tamayo (KK4JZX)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 09:33:47 -0400
Hi there,

I have completely redone the manual to the UV-3R to make it blind
accessible.  Well, there are some things that will make the radio
accessible.  When I figure them out, I will provide the stuff I have put
together.

I have documented every single menu option and how to get to them.  Quite
simple to do if one has a bit of patience.  The programming software, while
not completely accessible, is still doable I think.  There are some gotchase
but I am working on those workarounds too.

Here is what I can get to with JAWS right now in the programming software:
Model Information
Freq Range:
Squelch level: 0 through 9
VOX: 0 through 9
Timeout Timer (TOT): 0 through 180
Channel Flag: Channel or Freq mode are the two choices
Busy Lock: Checkbox
Key Tone: Checkbox
Show channel : Freq or Channel name
Save function: Checkbox
Scan information Scan Mode : 2 or CO
Back Light:  Values are off / on / or continuus
Scan Information Priority :  off or 1 through 99
Scan Infromation Priority Scan : checkbox
VFO Freq RX Freq:  Editable field
VFO Freq TX freq: Editable field
VFO Freq TX CTC/dCS ENC : Combo box with choices  up to 259 different values

VFO Freq Power: Combo  box with hchoices  Low or High (I think this radio is
2W)
VFO freq  W/N: Narrow  or Wide
VFO Freq Step : six choices
VFO CTC / DCS : Off or  258 other values
UFO RX Freq:  editable field
UFO Tx Freq: Editable field
UFO CTC / DCS : Off or any value chosen
UFO Freq power: Low or high UFO Freq W/N: Narrow or Wide
UFO Freq Step: Six different values
UFO CTC / DCS  : off or any chosen value

With the JAWS cursor, I can get to the channels and then root JAWS to PC and
click on the RX and other fields for each channel.

Still working on it!

Regards,

Jose - KK4JZX