From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2012 06:36:23 -0400
Jed,

The 590 has a built in USB sound  card.    Windows in it's infinite
wisdom wants to make it the default sound device as soon as you plug in
the USB cable.   I don't know about WE, but in JAWS there is an option
to  have JAWS use the  computer's on board sound card, instead of the
"default" card.

You can also go into your Windows sound devices and  change the default.
  Exactly what you need to do depends on what version of Windows you
have.  Changing things in the screen reader options (if possible) is a
better choice.

73, Steve KW3A