From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 22:48:07 -0500
Hi Christoph,

The manual for the talking meter you referenced in your e-mail seems to be
the correct manual for your meter.

You shouldn't need to push any other button except the talk button to get
your meter to talk.

After you turn on the meter, you should hear some talking when you press the
talk button no matter what position the big rotary function switch is set to
other than of course off.

I have found that the little talk button located on the positive (red) test
lead doesn't always work.

The volume may be turned down all the way on your meter.

To adjust the volume, do the following:

1.  Turn the meter over as if you were going to replace the batteries.

2.  Orient the meter with the battery compartment away from you.

3.  Lift up the little swing-out support stand.

4.  In the recessed compartment that stores the stand there is a little
volume control to the left of the stand's hinge.

5.  Being gentle, using a small flat blade screwdriver turn the volume
control clockwise to increase the talking volume.  If the control is turned
completely counter clockwise there is no talking.

I hope this helps.

73

Howard, W A 9 Y B W