From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 00:15:45 -0600
that is a perfect attitude.
It's like getting a puppy.  The puppy is cute and cuddly and all that stuff,
and then it grows into a dog.  A good dog person keeps loving that dog and
spending time with it and giving it attension just like it was still a
puppy.
Being a ham is the same.  You can enjoy the novelty and the enjoyment of
operating and learning new things when you first get your license. but after
a while, that can ware off and you can easily become complaicent.  The trick
is to keep the spark alive and keep learning and developing and growing into
the hobby as well as the responsibility.
The tech stuff can be overwhelming no doubt, but if you read it all,
eventually things will begin to make sence, and you can build your general
knowledge.
You don't have to necessarily understand something at first to be able to
remember and utilize it.  Sometimes true understanding comes later on once
you've filled out your knowledge base.
Keep doing what your doing and you'll be a very good asset to the ham
community and the non-ham community too.

73
Colin, V A6BKX