From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2012 08:20:22 -0400
I'm glad that worked, My TS-930 lost the power supply and a bunch of other
things when that went so I traded it for the TS-450 which looks like it was
mobile and is all banged up but works fine. I knew the vox wasn't working on
the TS-450 but never tried it on CW, really I never use vox anyway so didn't
care and for the deal I got a straight up trade, non working radio for
working and the guy knew it too he wanted something to fix, I wasn't going
to care about the vox not working. When we tried CW at field day and it
didn't work with full break in, it came to me to check those settings and
sure enough that's what it was. I'd bet the previous owner, or maybe back to
the person using it mobile even had it set that way on purpose because they
didn't use vox. I use it just rarely enough that I like it set right but not
enough that I'd miss it if on a radio I have it doesn't work. By the time I
got on the air, with my son being born and unpacking after moving which took
all winter to unpack, I really didn't get back on the air fully until May
anyway and by then I had my TS-2000 setup so other than field day my TS-450
has maybe a couple hours of use since I got it. I need the optional filters
for it but other than that I like the radio, it's the second one I've had.
Actually I'm not 100% convinced it's not the same one come back to me.