From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:16:16 -0400
a 1:1 balun, even made with 8-10 6 inch turns in the coax near the antenna
should help with the rf coming back down the line, or an RF ground. that's
the price you pay for no radials or counter poise. In fact I can even get
that with my ground mounted vertical if it's really really dry out but I
don't have a station ground yet. I'll get there. If I'm NCS for the NTS nets
I get in to I wet down the back yard and that helps with that a lot.
Neighbors think I'm nuts but that's fine, they'd learn soon enough I am.