Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:36:30 -0400
Just turn auto-tuner off.  Then, you can run it straight through to a
regular external tuner.  But, in my opinion, if ya ever wanna sell the
radio, the SAT version will be more appealing to most people.  You get next
to nothing for doubling the power in the Hx version, in my view.  Save your
money from the bigger power supply and extra cost for the Hx version and put
it toward buying a real linear which will give you one to to two S units of
difference.  At least that will be detectable.

Steve, K8SP.