From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:41:51 -0400
Hi John,
Man, that is so great!
I'm glad it's working on all bands!
Yeah, I know, radials are something else!
I have a friend on this list, and he use to live up north and had a hygain ground mounted verticle, and I don't think it had any radials on it. It worked on 10 through 40, but not on 80!
He was in a moble home park, and there was just not enough room for those darn radials!
In one of the handiham weekly eletters, Pat, wa0TDA, had an article about getting on hf, and he mentions a 43 foot verticle, made by ldg, (I didn't even know they made verticles!), which needs no radials!
I never used it, but that would be awesome if it is true!
Well, you keep us out here informed on how that progress is going for antennas there!
Trippy, ac8s