From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:21:14 -0400
Eric,

I'm wondering which of the 20 meter dipoles you have from Hy power?
His full size 20 meter dipole is 35 feet long and would really need some
pruning, but I'm guessing you are using one of the shortened /loaded
dipoles from the QRP/stealth page on his site.
  I think one is at 20 feet and the other at 12 feet.

You should of course check the docs you got with the antenna, but I
think  my earlier  suggestion is valid, and you should try shortening
the ends a bit.  The docs will tell you  how much  a length  change will
  affect the resonant point, and  by how much.  If you are using one of
the super short  antennas, a  small change will have a big effect, and
it may be easy to over shoot and you wind up going from to long, to too
short and jump over the resonant point.

          I've used his antennas, and currently have one up for
40/80/160.  The antenna docs should have tuning/adjustment instructions,
and you should follow them, even though it's going to be hard just using
the autotuner to see what works.

73, hang in their.  You have too much nice gear there to just have it on
display for visitors.

Steve KW3A