From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2012 19:42:15 -0700
I don't know how the scanner is laid out, but I once had a
receiver with motorola antenna plugs on the back.  I wanted to
plug in a whip antenna that went up at a right angle and of
course the motorola connector  would not prevent the antenna from
flopping one way or the other, so I got one of those broom holder
thingees at a hardware store and mounted it on the back of the
scanner above the motorola plug.  When The antenna was plugged
in, the whip fit into the broom holder and was securely anchored
in an upright position.  Of course, I wrapped tape around the
whip where it contacted the little holder and it worked fine.
But, if your scanner layout does not permit mounting something
above the connector, then it's back to square one again.  Jim
WA6EKS