From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 05:41:05 -0500
Scott, I upgraded because I wanted to push my credentials as far as they
could go.  I also found the extra questions easier than the general because
of their topical organization.

The extra privileges are nice, for a couple of reasons.
1.  its easier to find the end of the band this way.
2.  Easier to work DX with less power, since the competition is less.

3.  more DX to work since they have to deal with fewer ugly Americans.

Besides I took the last 20 WPM extra ever given by the VEC team in
Milwaukee.  I am better at CW than technology, I wanted my extra when that
skill still had value.