From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:03:38 -0600
hey pat:
not sure how "accessible" a marine radio would need to be since they are
channel designated and not frequency adjustable for the most part.
So, the thing would be to find a unit with some kind of keypad entry from
the microphone, or front of the radio on an HT, so you could enter a channel
number in, then count clicks on the dial, or with up/down buttons.
I know most marine radios i've seen have a priority button that will put the
radio to the emergency channel with a single button press...which would mean
you could always have that point of reference to count up or down from.
Of course, there are an awful lot of marine channels, so having the ability
to enter channel numbers directly would be a bonus.
Otherwise, something like the wouxun d1P could be programmed with all the
marine frequencies and used in memory mode...and you would have spoken
channel numbers and direct entry to jump to specific channels.

73
Colin, V A6BKX