From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2012 07:41:39 -0400
I don't have hearing problems, nor do I have the experience  with this
kind of stuff that Colin has, but I am doing something similar with a
behringer eq/mixer.

I always wear headphones when I operate and need the combo of radio
audio and screen reader for logging program.   I can even add additional
audio sources(like vhf) if needed.     With the mixer I can control what
is going into which ear and at what level.

I don't mess with the EQ much, but on occasion have found it nice to
tweak a knob and  reduce a little hash or noise that is bothersome, or
to remove a hum that may show up sometimes on  the pc audio.

73, Steve KW3A