From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2012 20:45:50 -0400
Your message went back to me, based on how the listserv is configured and
the Reply-to: field in my e-mail client.

The A index can go up to 400, conceivably.  It is a 24-hour geomagnetic
activity index, whereas the K index is on a 3-hour basis on a scale from 0
to 9.  If you had been operating toward the end of the IARU contest
(approaching 6 AM your time Sunday), conditions were getting quite bad.
From something I read on prop.hfradio.org , the storm became more intense at
around 0600Z; it began at 1730Z on Saturday.  The bands sound better tonight
than last night, but they haven't fully recovered.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Wheaton, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com