From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2012 13:17:15 -0400
Hi Albert,
I don't have any ideas, however, if you don't get any help on this, what you can do is, either 1 of these 2 options:
1. If you have a tape recorder, or, some kind of audio recorder, just record your contacts, then, later on, you can type them out in wordpad.
2. Just use wordpad, and you can log that way.
You'll have to do a different file for each band you're on, when you change bands.
If you change frequencies, then you'll have to type the frequency you're on.
I did that, in 2003, and it worked great! ARRL accepted my log, and I placed in my class!
For each contact, if you use wordpad, you'll have to type the info, and you can either do it either of 2 ways, and I'll give you an example of each way you can type in a contact:
first way, see the line below.
ac8s 1d Mi.
Now, the second way, see the line below.
ac8s
1d
Mi.
So, it's up to you on how you type out each contact, I think I would type it out the first way.
As far as dupes, what you can do in wordpad is, if you're not sure if you've worked that station before, just do a control f for find, then, type the call sign, and if it's a dupe, you'll hear windows eyes read the call sign. If it is not, you'll hear it say not found.
I hope that helps.
If you need more help, just call me, I'll be here all afternoon and part of the evening! 810-984-3259
Trippy, ac8s