From:
Trevor Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2012 21:35:08 +0800
Hello all,

Below is part of an E-Mail from a general type list  that a fellow Blind ham
sent a message to, looking for assistance.  Can anyone advise what to do, I
don't know the FT60R well enough to assist Barry.

Hear is the message:

Greetings to all,

Wondering if anyone who has one of these, a Yaesu FT60r could drop me a
line?

I like this radio.  My problem is that whenever I hit the talk button, it
transmits a tone.  I know this can be turned off, but don't know how to do
it.

I understand the keyboard layout for the numbers.  I'd be grateful if
someone could tell me the functions of the four buttons on the right hand
side of the keyboard.

It seems my carrier is transmitting but little or no audio.

I'm wondering if I've somehow turned down the Mike gain or reduced
transmitter power?  I can key the repeaters but don't seem to be getting
audio out.

I'd be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks,

Barry

VK6SP.

Before the problem, Barry had no difficulty in working through the
repeaters. If anyone on list has any ideas I am sure Barry will appreciate
them. I will put the ideas in to an E-Mail and forward them to Barry.

73  Trevor.  VK6YJ.