From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2012 20:21:24 -0600
could be, probably the caps, but it also sounds allot like a regulator
failing.
if the voltage is wandering all over the place like that, then the regulator
isn't doing it's job, and that isn't just some caps.
I can see maybe a few volts of fluctuation when a load is put on the supply
if the caps were going...but he said down to 2 or 3 volts? that's a
regulator.
Probably a pretty cheap fix if you want to go that route Tom...maybe
trickier to fix yourself if your not used to soldering etc...but the
regulator components are pretty simple.

73
Colin, V A6BKX