From:
Gerry Leary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2012 05:20:32 -0600
Dayton was a lot of fun.  Sales were good and I did find a really good
bargain.  Saturday I was requested at the Youth in Amateur Radio forum.  I
found three YLS whose parents were part of DARA to run the booth.  They sold
most of what I had left.  While at the forum I won a 2 meter Kenwood
transceiver.  I took it to Kenwood to see if I could get a speech chip for
it.  They said NO, but they would give me dealer cost back for it in trade
for any Kenwood radio that I wanted.  So I traded that and $125.00 for a new
THF6A which I had lost on a bus a few months ago.  After I got back to the
booth, the Kids stayed and sold the rest of my inventory before 4 P.M.  So
Sunday I brewed Coffee and got a chance go walk around.  I didn't spend any
more money, other then a couple of parts for my Super Antenna.