From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2012 19:51:13 -0500
TenTec made transverters for both 6 and 2 meters for awhile. They had
one model that worked from 10 meters, and another from 20.

I don't know if they still make them or not.

They also, believe it or not, made a transverter to convert a 2 meter
rig down to 6 meters.

That one is no longer available, but I own one. My intent is to use it
as a dedicated 6 meter FM rig for a local repeater. I have to decide
what to drive it with on 2 meters. The maximum drive level is 4 watts,
so I want something that I can throttle back, then disable the high
power switch to avoid an otherwise certain accident.

I have even thought of driving it with one of the 2.5 watt hand helds.

Another source for transverters is Down East Microwave.

Long ago, Collins and Drake made a set of transverters for the S Line
and the Drake Twins. Heath and Swan also made 2 meter transverters,
but none for 6 since they both had 6 meter transceivers.

You talk about collectors items!

Johnson, Hammarlund, and Hallacrafter also made transmitting
converters. The Johnson 6N2 shows up allot in boat anchor circles, but
you won't see the other models very often.