From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:36:35 -0400
I'm shocked, absolutely shocked that in a trailer park where we're all stuck
in with 30 to 50 feet between us at most, some closer, and this park has
another one next to it and this goes back a couple miles, I had no clue how
huge this place was until I moved in here, but with all that and all places
lived in, I'm absolutely shocked that with a vertical, my noise level is not
bad here, it does very. Once in a while I get a buzz that's 20 over or so
for about 5 to 10 minutes in the afternoon but that's about it. My TS-2000
meter is very stingy but I seldom see more than an S2, which on most radios
might be S3 or S4 but even that isn't always, usually S1 is all I see. I
have a power transformer about 50 feet from the antenna as well, now a
friend of mine let me borrow a wire antenna to see something here and that
one had the meter pegged with that buzz constantly and we think that was
from that transformer but the vertical, which is known for being noisy and I
very very rarely have any problem. I'm so surprised.