From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:18:20 -0400
Hi,

Back in the early 1970s, another ham wanted to upgrade and he talked me in
to riding with him to Detroit so that I could also take my Vanity license
test.  He worked hard on studying and I did look at the license manual the
night before the test.  In short, I past and my friend did not.  I got a 2
by 2 call, KD8LR and had that call until they dropped the extra class code
speed to 5 wpm.  I immediately took and past the extra test and then found
out that the call that I currently had was available as a 1 by 2 and that's
how I currently have the call of, K8LR!

Good Luck, Curtis, on getting the call you want!

73

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]

----- Original Message -----  180867123604