From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2012 21:08:37 -0400
Greetings,
A ten-foot telescoping painter's pole is cheap and should do the trick. I've
got one that I lashed a tent stake to using three zip ties. The painters
pole has a threaded end onto which you screw a paint roller.  The other end
is like the end of a mop handle, with a plastic endcap with a vertical slot
in it for hanging the collapsed pole on a hook, like a mop or broom handle.
I zipped the three ties around a long tent stake, threading one through the
slot intended for hanging the pole. the tent stake is secured so that more
than half its length goes beyond the end of the pole so that you can just
push it into the ground. Attach the top of your j-pole to the threaded end
of the painters pole, maybe with some tape, or, you could get creative and
make a little "stand-off" to push it away from the painters pole a few
inches. Telescope the pole up to its full height, twist to tighten and get
on the air.

Has supported the end of my counter poise wire off the ground for me quite
well. Don't have a j-pole to try out.

73

Ron Miller